Sunday, June 22, 2008

my new look

Matt agreed to give me an hour or so to play with the blog this afternoon (Sunday) - Julianna just woke up and I can hear the three of them laughing and giggling. The girls think he is SO funny! I'm in the office with the door locked! - our little Julianna just loves to find me when I'm hiding in my own house, and it's not that I spend a lot of time hiding from my little girl but you other mommas know how precious a few moments to yourself can be! I figure I have about fifteen minutes before the girls start wondering where I am and looking for me in earnest -

I've been itching to change around my look, so this was the perfect opportunity. If you don't like it, please don't tell me :) I am a slow decision maker, and I'm still not sure I really like it, but I usually won't have the time to play around with it, so this is what we're stuck with for now!

Thinking about my blog's "new look" reminded me of this photo -



Julianna likes to brush her little sister's hair and give Lydia a "new look". The funniest part is that Julianna thinks water is an integral part of the hair styling experience (she comes by this honestly, as I usually have to get a little water on the brush to tame down her crazy morning bed head). So, when Julianna brushes Lydia's few wisps of hair, she likes to use a little water. With nothing much up there to soak up the water, the water just runs right off Lydia's head. She looks a bit like she's been caught in a rainstorm :)

In case you doubt that Julianna is capable of producing some serious bed head, check out this early morning photo -
I've tried to put a bow or clip in her hair, but it's still too thin to hold anything. I think her first hair cut will be after her 3rd birthday, at the very earliest!

5 comments:

Paul said...

love the new style and look

such happy happy children

Patt said...

I like it too. And of course we always love new photos of the girls. Does like it be a while before either of your girls needs a haircut! Love, Mom/Grandmama

Jaci said...

I like your new look!:) And of course the cute pictures of Julianna giving her sister a new look! I hope you had "fun" having some time in the office by your self:)

Anonymous said...

I love it too! Cute cute pictures. Will likes to brush his own hair and I wish I could get Caroline to let me do something with hers. Her hair is like Susan's, thin and straight.
Love Julie

Lori said...

I love the new blog look - your stories and photos always make me laugh, too! :-)