Friday, April 4, 2008

ice hockey!?!?!


Well, my posting has been a tad bit slow the past few days, so I'll try to pick up the pace here for a bit! Wednesday night Matt and I went on a double date with the Huffs to an ice hockey game! I called it the "tribute to Matt's ND roots" date since he's the only one of the bunch who really grew up in an ice hockey culture!

Ice hockey is a rarity here too - there is one local team with an eclectic mix of local guys and some foreigners. Their competition was a rec team from Boston here touring the country and playing a little hockey on the side. I once saw a UND game (vs Alaska Anchorage) and could barely even keep my eye on the puck - those guys were incredible. The competition Wednesday night wasn't quite that caliber, but it was still a fun, and definitely unique, thing to do.

[the other guy in the photo is a driver that we frequently use - Uncle Qi - he's a good friend of our family and took us to the game. since it was free, he decided he might as well have a look!]

1 comment:

Patt said...

Who'd a thunk it? Ice hockey in Kunming? Wonders will never cease! Love, Mom/Grandmama