Wednesday, April 16, 2008

8 months old

Lydia hit the 8 month mark yesterday - can you believe it?? I meant to post yesterday and put up a few photos, but got busy at the last minute and it didn't happen. And then this morning we were without power for a bit... and no power = no modem = no internet = no updating the blog. So, that's my excuse.

Now it's my favorite time of day - naptime!! Just kidding. That makes it sound like I don't like being a mom. And I DO like being a mom. Afterall, I named this blog "enjoying our gifts from the Lord". But, of course, I have my days when "enjoying" morphs into "enduring". It's amazing how a good, solid nap rejuvenates the girls (and me!) and I can persevere in "enjoying" mode through bedtime!

Today I thought I would post all the cute photos of Lydia from the past month. ha ha. Our internet is so slow, it would take me DAYS to post all the cute ones! I'm going to try to get four uploaded, but you might have to settle for only two or three :) So, here goes....

Check out all her hair - seriously, her current look qualifies as a "head-full of hair" for Kvernen children. If my memory serves me correctly, this is significantly more hair than Julianna was sporting at this age.

Here's her "my big sister just took my toy and I am NOT happy about it" face.



This is another very "Lydia" face. Kind-of a "I think what you are doing is somewhat entertaining, but I'm going to hold off on giving it a big smile" look.

She might want to consider a career in acrobatics... who needs a Cheerio when you can snack on your own toes?


Happy 8 month birthday Lydia! We are so glad you're part of our family!

5 comments:

Julie Redfern said...

Those pictures are so very cute! Love Julie

Patt said...

I was struck by how much Lydia looks like Julianna in photo #1 - the profile. Can't believe Lydia is 8 months old already! Happy birthday, Lydia. Love, Mom/Grandmama

Jaci said...

Love the Outfit;-)!!

She is so sweet! I cannot believe she is 8 months...as I cannot believe that Abby will be 8 months too!

I Loved reading about Julianna's chatter...Lizzy is much the same and I am enjoying it so very much. Wish I could have you beautiful girls over to play!:)

The photos are precious!

Kristi said...

How fun to see the pictures, Laura! :-) She is so sweet!

Happy 8 Month birthday, Lydia!

laura said...

Jaci,

thought about you when I put that outfit on Lydia! So fun that another little girl is enjoying your sweet gift!

I too wish we lived close by... Julianna could use a little buddy :)

Laura