Wednesday, October 17, 2007

more photos from the camping trip



Well, I never wrote much about the camping trip. Matt and Julianna had a great time. Julianna was a tad bit overwhelmed by all the people (35 or so) and stuck close by the ones that she knew best. But, by the end of the trip, she was trusting more folks. (In several photos - like the one posted here - I don't even know the student that is holding Julianna.)

Matt and Julianna shared a tent and Julianna wore a double layer of pajamas to help her stay warm, since she we knew she wouldn't stay in a sleeping bag. For dinner it was grilled meats and veggies (kind of like kabobs) and Julianna dug in. According to those who were there, she ate the equivalent of two sausage/hotdog like meat sticks. Yuck. For the record, I have never eaten one of those meat stick things (though they have been offered to me many times). She's definitely not a picky eater. Reminds me of her daddy.


The trip was mostly about having fun together. Students did obstacle-course type games and cooked meals over the campfire.

Julianna came home with a dirt-streaked smile on her face. It was great.


Lydia and I held down the fort at home while Matt and Julianna camped. Lydia did her normal baby thing (eat, sleep, eat, sleep) and I marveled at how much I could accomplish with only one little one to care for! It was a great time for me to get a few projects done around the house.

1 comment:

Patt said...

Isn't it great to have such an outgoing, confident Julianna? Hope Lydia is the same! Love, Mom