Monday, February 7, 2011

tomorrow

We're moving.  Tomorrow!  At least I hope it turns out to be an exclamation point kind of a day :)

Sunday afternoon Matt bought heating units (his engineering mind and great Chinese language ability means that he now knows more about electric assist heat pumps than I EVER hope to know!).  The store said they would deliver them on Monday and install them on Tuesday but..... the delivery crew arrived early this morning and they were installed by 6pm!  Yay for a warm apartment!

We are still without hot water, but Matt did get the part he needed and was able to finish installing the washer (super helpful with all the mold clean up).  We are still FAAAARRRR from done, but we decided tonight that we have made enough progress to make it live-able, so we are moving in.  

I took more "in progress" photos today and left the camera at our apartment.  Rats.  Matt also spent an hour at the phone company today, and our phone/internet should be set up within 7 days so I'll post them when I can. 

Lest you think Matt did all the heavy lifting today (phone, washing machine, working with the installation crew, etc) I got a few things off my list too.  The kiddos had a great day - one of our new neighbors (who is a friend of ours from our old city) came by.  She and a friend took all three kids for a walk this morning.  She came back this afternoon while Isaac napped and disappeared with the girls for another long outing.  It was TERRIFIC! 

So, tomorrow we are off.  Not sure when I'll be online again, hopefully sooner than later :)  But when it takes an hour to do something as simple as set up phone service, and the office worker says everything will be installed within seven days, well.... you don't hold your breath!  I've made up my mind to be pleasantly surprised whenever the phone guy happens to show up! 

1 comment:

Mom/Grandmama said...

Glad to hear of the great progress - prayers are being answered! Loving you from afar!