Friday, February 18, 2011

out my kitchen window

 So I'm cooking supper (a few days ago) and look up out my big windows (love them!) and who is walking by?


Someone else's supper :)  Seriously.  It was kind of hard to keep track of them but I think there were five or six of them (hens and roosters) scampering around.

About fifteen minutes later I saw an older lady running after one of the hens with a stick in her hand and a growl on her face.  Not sure what all expired between them (the hen and the lady) but I'm sure it would make a good story!

And I'm certain at least one of the roosters lived to see another day because we heard him again this morning (but I never seem to hear him before 8ish, it's been so cloudy and rainy that he might be confused about sunrise!).

4 comments:

Paul said...

lets hope your children are not there when said women with stick meets chicken. I remember when my grandmother with ax and chopping block met a chicken one day. -- and I was about eight or nine. We are talking memories.

love a GrandDad that is not supplying that memory

Julie Redfern said...

hahaha! that makes me laugh!

JBC said...

We had roosters on the roof of the building next to us and finally figured out they were for the restaurant below. Yowsa - talk about a "wake up" call!

Anonymous said...

We just finished a chicken dinner a few minutes ago. Hum. I too recall helping Mom with the chickens on their fateful day. The hot water dunks & pin feathers, I recall, as part of my labor for the meal. :)
I'm so glad you can go to the market.
Love you, BN