Saturday, February 5, 2011

the "before" of the before and after photos

I'm looking towards the day when these will be the "before" photos and we'll be busy living in the "after" version of our new home.  



Cute, aren't they?  I only wish I could say that their attitudes looked like this all day long.  Matt and I have pretty much decided we are just going to have to move in, regardless of the situation with the heaters and/or gas.  Moving furniture, cleaning up mold (there is WAY more than we first thought) and other moving-in tasks just take FOREVER when the kids are awake and needing some level of parental involvement!  We think our best bet is to move in and have the after bedtime hours to work like crazy-cakes.  We'll be tired, but it will be worth it.  I think.


Above is the dining area/kitchen.  The speck of yellow wall on the right is the living room.  We've moved the furniture so it doesn't look exactly the same, but you get the idea.  The big windows over the kitchen sink are awesome. 



Photo from the exact same spot, but turned 180 degrees.  Our sofa covers are being dry cleaned which is why the sofas look like they are white.  Matt is walking in from the porch which opens onto the front yard. 

After waiting almost 45 minutes the other photos are still not finished uploading, so I am going to wrap it up for now.  We are taking tomorrow off.  It's been a lot of work and our kiddos are in need of a break.  We all are, actually.  Matt will go shopping for heaters in the afternoon.  And also hopefully find a part that he needs to install the washing machine.  And something to rig up the shower head and curtain rod and.... well, the list is long :)  But heaters are the biggie.  

It's off to bed I go :)  Good night.


5 comments:

Paul said...

I like the windows and the colors. best of luck in finding needed parts/furnishings.
love Dad

Mom/Grandmama said...

So much to do. And with three children underfoot to boot. Best of luck with a quick and smooth transition to a normal day schedule!

The Huffmans said...

Thanks so much for the pictures. makes me want to cry seeing them. I am so glad I can picture where you guys are! Love the yellow! so cheery! Glad you are taking a day off!

Julie Redfern said...

Hope the day off was fun. I like the yellow too! Moving and getting things done with kids is a challenge!

Gina Marie said...

Don't miss this great opportunity to ask others to help you! I'm sure there are people around who'd be happy to take the kids or tackle some mold for you. I know I would be if I were there - I can't be the only one. :)