Friday, November 12, 2010

update 1 from Baltimore!

We're here!  Everything yesterday went really smoothly, if you overlook the fact that I almost panicked about fifteen times :)  he he he. 

We landed and went straight to the hospital.... for probably one of the most awkward, confusing, difficult, yet incredible, moments of my entire life.  We met the birth mom and our little boy!!!!  I mean, the boy we hope becomes are little boy :)  There is a lot of legal work still to be done, especially a big meeting at 1pm (EST) today so keep praying!!! 

I'm not sure that legally I can post a photo yet, so I'll just tell you that he is absolutely precious.  Full African American, tons of soft hair, a really serious look on his face and he slept the entire time we were there (in my arms or Matt's!)

So, we spent last night here in Baltimore (my cousin Susan and her husband Graham live here) and I slept great, probably because the weirdest most complex day of my life was officially over!  This morning we go back to the hospital (for possibly 'the weirdest most complex day of my life, part two') and then .... well, I'm not sure.  I know there is a meeting at 1pm.  I am learning to take this one step at a time, walk slowly, keep moving forward.

THANK YOU FOR PRAYING.  Last night as we were landing in Baltimore I kept thinking: if it were not for all the prayers I do not think I could physically move my body off of this airplane. 

6 comments:

The Greene's said...

Oh Laura! So very happy for you guys! Praying that you can bring him home.

Mom/Grandmama said...

Absolutely thrilled for you and for us! We're continuing to pray for you, for our new grandson and for his birth mother who is making this very difficult decision today. We love you! Mom

Sonya said...

Praying!!!

Amy said...

So excited for you guys! I will be praying.

Chris, Leah, Austin, Bennett and Lucy said...

hope everything goes really smoothly. It is an hour away from your meeting- I will be praying. Also, pray for Meg S.- she is home seeing her mom, who is near the end of her long battle with cancer. But the end came really quickly. Miss you.

JJ said...

WOW! I just read the last 3 posts and had no idea this was going on! So exciting Laura! Praying for ya'll :)