Thursday, November 4, 2010

roommate anniversary 2010

I've decided that roommate anniversary is the kind of thing that just gets better with age.  Just like me!  ha ha ha :)  

Last night after supper we gave the girls glow in the dark bracelets and headed out for a walk.  Oh wow - if you are looking to spend some fun filled outside time with your kiddos at dusk, I can't speak highly enough of glow in the dark bracelets!  [The girls have also been enjoying their first set of glow in the dark ceiling stars, so they are officially hooked!] 

Excitement was running high, but we got everyone settled down, the bracelets secured onto the edges of their beds, and the girls drifted off to sleep - Matt decorated their bedroom door with streamers and balloons and I whipped up a little poster.  One of my favorite things about roommate anniversary is how very simple it is - markers, streamers, balloons, glow sticks... and you've got yourself a party :)

Best part of this year's celebration was that I finally gathered up the previous years' photos and remembrances and put them in a journal - the kind that we can add to each year.  There are photos from 2007, 08, and 09 and the girls already LOVE looking at the book. 



Here are a few photos that I plan to add to this year's page in the Roommate Anniversary journal:

Lydia and her bed (isn't that quilt beautiful?  hand made especially for this season in this home)


Julianna on the top bunk


the decorated door to their room


and a few more photos of their bedroom here in America.





What a sweet little yellow room they have enjoyed here!  And what sweet little roommates I adore :)

3 comments:

Mom/Grandmama said...

What a great tradition and so wonderful that you're doing a scrap book - the girls will really appreciate that when they are older. Loved the photos - the girls are so beautiful and growing up/maturing so fast! Love to you all, Grandmama

Julie Redfern said...

Wow, so neat! I love that you remember when they became roommates. Caroline and Will it seems have always been roommates. I don't remember when it officially started. I will have to remember when Will and Eric officially become roommates and Caroline finally gets a room to herself. Do they just love the bunk beds? My kids love theirs! The quilts are great too!

Kayla Rupp said...

Hi friends. Our internet has been fritzed-out for many weeks, so I just got on your blog to catch up on your lives (specifically your adoption process). I am sorry to hear about your disappointment. I am sure we are headed for a good dose of that ourselves. It is risky business going out on this limb; but then, all love is risky, and worth the risk, as you know better than us at this point. We have been, and will keep praying for Baby Kvernen and for all the Kvernens. We love you!