Saturday, June 13, 2009

paper plates and peanut butter

When Matt is out of town I usually go for something pretty low-key at dinnertime. And, honestly, it's a big hit with the girls if I whip up some pb&j with a side of cucumber sticks to dip in ranch dressing! When I've really had a full day and feel like another half hour at the sink washing dinner dishes is just too much to bear, I serve it all on paper plates :)

But last night was different. Erin Ashley made extra of her beef and veggie stew to share with us. It arrived piping hot about 5:30 and....


.... it was a hit.

I served her cornbread muffins on paper plates :)

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

sounds like a great plan! We always enjoy PB&J! Love julie

Leslie said...

I guess when you are at home and Daddy's out of town, it is OK to pick up your bowl to get the last of the food off the bottom!

What a blessing to have food delivered.

Paul said...

today on the 6 AM flight to Houston, we had CORNFLAKES, yes, CORNFLAKES, and I certainly picked up the plastic bowl- it came with a tiny plastic spoon.

looks like a plan to me
GrandDad

Mom/Grandmama said...

Well, that soup was good to the last drop! I see Lydia has graduated to a booster chair in anticipation of Isaac's use of the high chair - time stops for no one!

Jaci said...

LOVE that picture!!! =)