Wednesday, June 3, 2009

curls curls curls

Lydia's hair just gets curlier every day. It is super cute, a tad bit unruly..... and very unusual.

After all, naturally curly hair just isn't in the Asian genetic code. For years I have been repeatedly asked about my hair, and I have bewildered many locals by assuring them that my hair is, indeed, naturally curly.


Looks like Lydia will have a similar experience. A few weeks ago someone actually asked, "how long did it take you to get her hair to look like that?" As if anyone in their right mind would spend hours styling hair on an almost 2 year old!


Lydia is, of course, mostly unaware of the stir her hair causes, though she will tell you that she has "curly hair". Mostly, she just wants to wear pigtails like her big sister. She's at least an inch or two short of the necessary length she needs to pull off pigtails. But at the rate her curls are growing, it won't be long!

Maybe our common-curls are one reason she chooses to stick close to me. She's a true mommy's girl and LOVES to be by my side or in my arms or snuggled in my lap. Matt thinks she has an internal clock that goes off every fifteen minutes and causes her to say, "Mommy hold you". Sometimes she says "Mommy hold you" when I am already holding her!

I can't wait to see what her curls do this summer - the rainy season is slowly starting and I know those curls are going to go haywire in the rain! I'll be sure to take some pictures :)

3 comments:

Mom/Grandmama said...

Those curls are gorgeous - just like yours! Even in the States people were always commenting on your head full of curls so the Chinese must be incredulous! At least now they see that your curls are indeed natural. Love you! (And love the Julianna's pigtails - hope Lydia can wear some soon.)

Anonymous said...

I love the curls!! That is awesome that she is going to have curly hair like you. Love, Julie

Jaci said...

She and Abby Grace have matching curly blond heads!! Super cute!! =)