Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Emma Grace is 2!!

When I say "birthday" my girls hear "cupcakes".

And they have been eagerly anticipating this day - Emma Grace's 2nd birthday - not only for the cupcake eating opportunities, but to celebrate the life of our sweet little neighbor.

Earlier this morning we broke out the craft supplies and decorated posters for the birthday girl. We also made some cute sunflowers with paper plates and colored construction paper, but I forgot to capture the moment on the camera, so you'll have to trust me when I say that Julianna is really getting proficient at using the glue stick :) [Lydia eats glue stick. Any thoughts on what that does to the digestive system? She's also colored her entire arm blue with a crayola marker. What can I say? She's a natural at thinking up creative uses for craft supplies!]


Emma Grace is such a blessing to our family. Our girls LOVE to talk about her, visit her, play with her, and hone their sharing skills with her! They make an impressive little three-some when they are out on the town :)


For months Lydia has referred to Emma Grace as "Drace". It was so cute. And so fleeting.

On Tuesdays Emma Grace and Lydia have a little playdate while Julianna is at school and the little brothers sleep. Yesterday was Erin Ashley's day to watch the girls, and after I picked Lydia up I noticed that she was muttering "emma emma emma" under her breath. Sure enough, this morning "Drace" was nowhere to be found. It's EMMA Grace, from her on out!


So to the little neighbor formerly known as "Drace", we sure love you! What joy and fun and laughs you bring to our lives! I love when you ask me to hold you. I love when you yell "Ju-nanna" on your way up the stairs to our apartment! I love when you walk in our house, take off your shoes, and dash straight over to the toys!

Happy 2nd Birthday Emma Grace!

3 comments:

Mom/Grandmama said...

Good job, girls! Happy birthday, Emma Drace! We love you too!

Paul said...

Happy Birthday Emma Grace, I hope you all have a happy day! You certainly would turn heads and get compliments no matter where you were.

love
GrandDad

Anonymous said...

Laura,
The glue acts as fertilizer for the watermelon seeds, and helps the seeds you swallow grow.
Trust me I'm a doctor.
Love
U Mark