Monday, June 29, 2009

July = rain. We're ready.

I'm not sure if there is an official start date for the rainy season. It's already been raining some... but I am pretty sure July is technically the rainiest month. I remember reading somewhere that the average for July is 29 days of rain. So, if 29 is the average, some years it must rain 31 days!!!

Of course, it doesn't rain all day long. Some days we are treated to magnificent late evening thunderstorms and I love watching the clouds roll in, feeling the breezes turn cool, and hearing the distant rumbling of thunder. And some days it only sprinkles briefly for a few minutes. But there are days when it seems like water falls from the sky ALL DAY LONG. Ugh.

This year we invested about three dollars in some sweet little rain boots for the girls, and I plan to get out and play, even on the rainiest days. Lydia was pretty excited when I finally found a pair small enough to fit her and wore them for most of the afternoon.



So, just-around-the-corner-JULY.... we're ready for you and all your rain!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

So cute! I bought rain boots for my kids not too long ago for the first time and if I forget to put them on them when it rains Caroline will cry that she doesn't have them. Will's are a little to big but he still tries to wear them even though he can't go up steps in them! Caroline sure has enjoyed seeing her old dresses on Julianna! Love Julie

Paul said...

did anyone ever tell you that you have beautiful children? If not - they should ! !

an very not impartial
GrandDad

Mom/Grandmama said...

Love the new rain boots! I know the girls will love splashing in them - you did! Missing you!

Jaci said...

Rain Puddles are the BEST! You all will have so much fun...that $3 will so A LONG WAYS!!! So cute!