Friday, March 14, 2014

drip drip drip

Winter is melting away.  Several days of above freezing temps (and today even close to 50 degrees!) mean lots of wet dripping, everywhere!

Julianna's snow fort just a shell of it's former glory :)


And snow boots turned into rain boots for a stomp at the end of the driveway - ice chunks fill this puddle, which will freeze overnight, and be a nice slick entry by morning :)


The tell-tale beep-beep-beep of a work truck in reverse gear lured us down the block early this afternoon.  A bulldozer working on snow removal.


Gives you an idea of how much snow there is to remove, huh?  A bulldozer this size is no joke.

And then, bless Matt, he took all five for a walk while I got dinner on the table.


{be still my heart.... I just cannot get enough of that blue sky!}

Luke with a nasty fever all last night and today too.  My arms are sore tonight from the many hours I spent holding him today.  And the 45 minutes pre-dinner that Matt had the kids outside - I scrambled fast paced to work on the many things I'd put off because I couldn't do them one handed :)

[Luke never really felt well at all today, and spent both outdoor times on my back or Matt's in our ergo carrier.  He's sleeping now, and it's difficult to imagine tonight could be any worse than last night was, but we shall see.....]

4 comments:

Grandma Jan said...

Gonna start being on the lookout for water boots for you guys. Need all kinds of gear to live here in the Dakotas comfortably. And water boots are the best to slaash in the puddles, and who wants to not slaash in the water puddles!!! Loved the weather yesterday too, Laura. Sorry Luke is sick.

Anonymous said...

praying Luke is sleeping off the fever & your arms are recouping balance & tension stress.
I too get to play in the water as I chip ice off the berm edge to have a "river" run to the storm sewer :) Never too old to play! BN

Julie Redfern said...

Poor Luke, I hope he is feeling better soon. I remember the melt-y season from MI. Not as much fun as the snow season for moms. So much wet and mud to clean up.

Mom said...

Hope Luke is feeling better by now. I loved splashing in puddles as a child - after rain storms, not from melting snow! Love to you all!