Thursday, January 24, 2013

Finally some news

On Tuesday morning we left Bangkok and drove to cha am where we will spend the next week.

Matt is taking an apologetics class and the kids are honing their swimming pool skills :). It's a great fit for everyone.

Unfortunately Luke is still not doing well (well initially the reflux med was helping but then he got worse again) so after talking to yet another health professional we contacted our international insurance and early this morning luke and I drove back up to Bangkok. We saw a pediatric gastroenterologist and started a battery of tests. Tomorrow morning Luke will do a barium study and a some more allergy testing.

God is truly providing every step of the way (including the sweet Thai woman playing with him in the children's health center play ground while I use my free hour on Internet on my phone to update the blog).

This morning He provided a friend who also needed to make the almost-three hour drive to Bangkok. Then again another friend at the hospital. And a place to spend the night.

Matt is back in cha am with the other four. I hope I am with them again tomorrow night with some answers for Luke. And for us.

I will try to get some pictures up soon  ;)

(Luke crashed-asleep in my arms at noon today, in the hospital....plenty of fighting with needle-bearing nurses made for a tired little boy)



3 comments:

Jaci said...

Praying for answers and rest dear Laura!

Erin said...

PRAYING YOU GET SOME ANSWERS SOON! REMEMBER LYDIA HAD SOME DIGESTION ISSUES WHEN SHE WAS LITTLE? I KNOW THEY WEREN'T THIS BAD, BUT COULD THEY BE RELATED?

Anonymous said...

Laura-
I am praying for you and Luke. I'm praying that the diagnosis and treatment will be clear and that he is able to feel better and get more rest (for both of you!) soon.
love,
Whitney