Friday, January 18, 2013

a Luke with a view

12 years ago I attended this very same conference, a short six months in to my first year overseas.  I loved it then (like I love it now) but I had no idea that more than a decade later I would still be here.

Matt was there too, 12 years ago - in the same room, though we never met.  And now here we are, almost ten years of marriage, 5 precious children.  Pretty incredible. 

Took Luke to the doctor where he got antibiotics for an ear infection.  And I started his reflux medicine and it really seems to be helping!!!!  He's had a couple of really nice long stretches of sleep (naps and night) though with the antibiotics, recovering ear infection, travel, etc I am hesitant to be totally sure it's the reflux meds helping.  But he is spitting less that's for sure.  And sleeping better. 

John Paul is doing great.  This is his first big trip with our family (and we seem to have the travel bug) and it's fun to watch him.  He might think we've moved here :)  He and Isaac are in the same child care class and I'm just impressed that he is going!  His teachers say he does great and Isaac comes home with plenty of stories for the both of them. 

Isaac is spending his afternoons in the hotel room with me and the sleeping little brothers while the girls go back to childcare.  Full days away from Mom are just too much for the little three.  Yesterday afternoon Matt and I switched off and attended different parts of the sessions, one of us always out with the little guys.  Late afternoon we tend to head out to the next door park and it's multiple playgrounds.  Sweaty, but fun. 

Julianna and Lydia are pros at this whole child care gig (Julianna in a 1st/2nd grade combo class and Lydia in a kindergarten room).  They are learning the fruits of the spirit and enjoying themselves immensely.  Their only complaint is not enough pool time.  We hope to remedy that this weekend when the meeting schedule slacks off a bit and we can take the whole family down to the pool(s).  [Guess who isn't brave enough to take all five swimming at the same time?  Me!!!!]


Our 34th floor room looks down on a swimming pool, and a park, and a BTS (skytrain) line.  Pretty big fun for my boys (big and little).


2 comments:

Gina Marie said...

Have you ever considered taking Luke to a chiropractor? I don't know how available they are where you live, but I have heard from friends whose kids have been helped, and from friends who are chiropractors themselves, that reflux is often an alignment issue. Just a thought. :)

Mom/Grandmama said...

Sounds wonderful - what a great respite for all from the winter doldrums and the pressures of work. Hope we can join you for part of this annual vacation one year. Love you all bunches!