Sunday, January 27, 2013

Back together again

Luke and I made it back to Cha Am on Friday afternoon after two grueling days in Bangkok.

The short answer is that he has confirmed reflux but no anatomical abnormalities. This is a good thing and it could have been much worse. The doctor believes that since his reflux went untreated  for so long his esophagus is inflamed. Irritated. And possibly has some ulcers.

Hard as that is to hear it explains a lot. Like his reluctance to eat solid foods.

We are looking at probably six months of reflux medicine and a slow improvement. I wish this would all be over sooner than later but that might not be the case. It'll just take a while for his esophagus to heal. But at least we are on the right track

I haven't been blogging since I only have Internet access through my phone right now.   Will try to get back to some more consistent updates soon ;)

3 comments:

Leslie said...

I'm so glad you got some answers. We will continue to pray for you guys. How is John Paul's recovery? Hope you are having a relaxing vacation.

Krisanne said...

Laura, so glad you got some answers. Been praying for you all, especially little Luke. Hope you can have some fun beach days ahead - when do you head to Juniper Tree? Fun thinking we've been there, too! Someday I hope we can be there together!

Anonymous said...

PTL for answers for dislike of eating and upset baby. I can't imagine ever not loving to EAT!
Swimming kiddos is such a great time! love you all. BN