Wednesday, July 20, 2011

a surprise (for me!)

Yesterday Matt gave me the afternoon off - the plan was that he would finish up about noon, take the kids and I could head into town early.  Then he would meet me in town later for a date night. 

Well, I hop in the car and there is a note on the passenger seat waiting for me with instructions "read when you get to town".  And of course I do read it.  And it says "I booked you a hotel room and will watch the kids til 2 tomorrow.  Let me know what to pack when I come meet you for our date later".  YAY for me!!! 

We've had kind of a long, tough haul here recently with a number of different complicating factors and 24 hours away was such a sweet gift from a thoughtful husband!  I loved every minute (including the extra minutes of sleep) and returned home refreshed and rejuvenated. 

The kids and I had a great afternoon and our sweet little 7 month old neighbor joined us for part of it too.  Le Le is one of my children's favorite people - they love her almost as much as her little 7 month old body can handle - and sometimes even give a smidge more love than she can tolerate!  Her parents have a lot going on as they prepare for an international move (terribly sad for us, our favorite neighbors leaving just six months after we arrive).  So we see a lot of this little one and I LOVE being her favorite baby sitter :)  [and that's a fact, not just my opinion! ha!] 

Anyways, that's the quick update on our last 24 hours :) 

3 comments:

Mom said...

What a wonderful husband! How great to have some special time to rejuvenate and recharge! We'll give you a day or two off too when we're there - our pleasure!!

Julie Redfern said...

Matt is awesome! I wouldn't know what to do with my self! Glad you got to have some time off.

Grandma Jan said...

I agree with Julie, Matt you are awesome. Mommies so need time to themselves and thanks for being so thoughtful to you dear wife. Love you all. Jan