Saturday, December 11, 2010

in the past four days

I feel like life is passing by at a tremendous pace and I am just hanging on for the fun times :)  In the past four days I......

spent about 11 hours in the car

talked til my tongue hurt and listened til my ears ached on a mountain get-away with my college roomies




got Lasik eye surgery (hooray for 20/15 vision the following morning!)

shopped and shopped and shopped some more with mom

attended a local Nutcracker performance with Mom & Dad and my little ladies



ate 1/3 of a bag of York Peppermint Patties

washed, dried and folded 4 loads of laundry in three hours (a friend pointed out that this feat could only happen here in the US with the generous size and incredible efficiency of my American-sized washing machine!)

realized Isaac can sing (almost) the entire Johnny Appleseed song ('oh the Lord's been good to me...' our version has a lot of 'amens' at the end and he just loves it!)

4 comments:

Karen said...

Congratulations on getting LASIK! Susan and I got it 5 years ago and couldn't be happier (well, I assume Susan loves it as much as I do). I don't miss glasses and contacts at all! I'm looking forward to seeing y'all in a week! Yay!

Marianne B Dean said...

That laundry thing can only happen in America where the dryers can dry a load in an hour, as opposed to "180" minutes, like my dryer! Still, impressive! The folding especially!

Anonymous said...

My comment is based on a previous blog, i know who Lydia takes after and if you think long and hard about 27 years back, you might realize it as well... yes, she will keep you laughing and she will be a great person...

The Huffmans said...

you look so in your element in the mountains with your friends! And Julianna and Lydia look so in their element in those girly dresses! Love the pictures. So glad you had a great time and happy that Lasik went so well!