Wednesday, December 1, 2010

far flung friends

Our friends live in all corners of the world.  And these few weeks here in NC are pretty incredible for me in that I get to see many of them!  It's a pretty amazing and a gracious gift of the Lord and I am grateful for every sweet minute with these dear friends!

Last Monday I spent one very long breakfast with Jenn and Whitney from my UNC bible study days.  One lives in Georgia, one in New Jersey, and both were in the area for Thanksgiving.  It was the first time the three of us were together since before Matt and I were married!  Our time together was such an encouragement to me!

Then this morning I drove a mere 45 minutes to meet Ashlei.  When we are both in Asia we live a one hour flight from each other.  And right now we are both in America, and for these few weeks we are both in NC!  I've known Ashlei for six years, called here a dear friend for many of them, and this is the first time we've ever seen each other on US soil :) 

Tomorrow Matt and I leave for a beach getaway with our dear friends and ex-neighbors Andy and Erin Ashley.  For three years I could see their front door from my bedroom window.  Now they call Florida home.  And we have 48 precious hours to spend with them this weekend!

As if all that weren't enough, next week I am going to the mountains with my two college roommates, both of whom were in my wedding.  Sara lives about 45 minutes from my parents, Leslie lives in Georgia.  The last time all three of us were together was August 2007.  Think we'll have anything to talk about?!?!? 

AND, after all that, on December 18th my mom is hosting a huge family Christmas gathering.  My cousin Julie is coming two days early (with her newborn baby boy)! 

Praises! 

2 comments:

Julie Redfern said...

So exciting! I cant wait! love you

Marty, Erin, Brennan, and Asher Mullis said...

Do you have time in that busy schedule to hang out with us? We'd love to hang out! Email me your number to erin.mullis@uscm.org. Talk to you soon!