Wednesday, December 22, 2010

Grandmother Hodges

My only surviving grandparent, my Grandmother Hodges (mom's mom), died on Wednesday afternoon.  Oh how grateful I am for the full, rich time we enjoyed with her over Thanksgiving weekend.


She leaves behind 5 children, 11 grandchildren and 6 great-grandchildren, many of whom fill the photos below (taken Thanksgiving weekend).



My Grandmother was a committed blog reader and I enjoyed writing posts that I knew would bring a smile.  Even at 91 years of age, she knew how to open up my blog and catch up on the family news.  I'm so very grateful for the years we spent together, the way she loved my kids even from afar. 

3 comments:

Brent, Sara, Hannah and Sam said...

Celebrating her life with you and praying for comfort for you and your family.

Mom/Grandmama said...

Laura, thank you for your tribute. She was a wonderful mother, grandmother and great grandmother. Today, Christmas eve, was my father's birthday - Momma arrived in time to be reunited with Daddy and other cherished family members in the presence of our Lord and Saviour, Jesus Christ.

Jill K said...

Oh Laura, So glad you had time with her so recent! Rejoicing with you in her life well lived and praying for your comfort and peace and encoruagment- you and your fam.

And rejoicing with you in that sweet five year old beauty too!

Lots of love to you