Thursday, June 10, 2010

they seriously dress like this

Last week we had some rainy days and the temperatures really cooled off (at least for a few days, it is blazing hot and super sunny again this week).  The rain and cooler temps are a good thing - the rainy season is starting a little earlier than normal and rain is an answer to the prayers of many who are suffering from the drought.

The not so good thing is that the potential for little girl wardrobe disasters exponentially increases as the girls add articles of clothing.

It's not too difficult for an (almost) three or four year old to pick out a skirt and top or a sundress and make it out of the house looking relatively put together.  So I'd been enjoying a relative calm in the midst of the "opinionated little girls dress themselves" storm.

Until it got chilly and they added leggings, jackets and socks on top of their skirts and dresses. 



Can I just tell you that I didn't even notice what they were wearing when I took the photo?  It doesn't phase me anymore.  

But I loaded the photos on my computer and started looking through them and I got to this one and thought, "who in the world lets their children dress like that?..... oh yeah, I do!"

Want a closer look?


Pretty impressive, isn't it?  Every day but Sunday I just let them go at it - whatever they want, they wear.  I love what it says about them.  They dress how they want, they genuinely think they look fantastic, and they don't care a lick about social norms that dictate what matches and what doesn't.  

Love it.


3 comments:

Mom/Grandmama said...

Absolutely adorable, Julianna and Lydia! You're going to give Caroline a run for her money! We love you, Grandmama

Anonymous said...

I agree Aunt Patt! They are giving caroline a run for her money. They will be a sight when they are all 3 together. Caroline's criteria for dressing is as long as it has pink or purple in it it goes together! People sure do look at me funny when she goes out dressed like that! LOve Julie

Jaci said...

My girls are the SAME way!! I let them do what they want too, unless I need them to look "put together". :) And my girls (especially Lizzy) cannot get enough of tights. Even here on days when its 105. Our girls have a lot in common. :) Super cute!!