Sunday, June 13, 2010

a hole-in-one

Yesterday afternoon 7 of us (4 Americans and 3 Asians) went to play mini golf.  It was the first time ever for each of our local friends, and the first time I've played in at least ten years. 

From the moment we pulled up at the entrance, I felt like I was in America.  I promise you, this exact mini golf course must exist somewhere in the States.  It's a really weird feeling when my two worlds (Asia and America) collide in ways I don't expect.  Playing putt putt golf about 45 minutes from my apartment here in big city Asia definitely qualified as weird.  And super fun.

We played the first course, stopped for dinner, and then played a second course.  A total of 36 holes and yours truly got FOUR holes-in-one!  

My first (and personal favorite, since Erin Ashley got a hole-in-one on the same hole):


And the second....



After dinner came hole-in-one #3...



and then #4 :)


What this basically means is that you should jump at any chance you get to play mini golf with me in the future.  I am sure my entire lifetime's quota of putt-putt-golf-luck was used up at this one particular course and if life is fair, I will never get another hole-in-one again.   

In other words, play with me and you'll probably win :) 

On the other hand, as my Dad likes to say, life isn't fair.  In which case I just might luck out and get another hole-in-one before the kids leave for college. 

One more mini golf post coming up soon!  Yep, so much fun that it merits two posts on the blog! 

4 comments:

Krisanne said...

Nice work, I'm impressed! :) And btw, we really hope you can come out to the ranch in August, too. We think before or after the Minnkota picnic would be a great time, as it's when we plan on being out there, too! Nancy said you are all welcome and they'd love to have you!

Julie Redfern said...

Putt-putt is soooo much fun! My kids love to play and ask to all the time. Glad you had lots of fun. Love Julie

JBC said...

I'll play any activity that involves mozzarella sticks in some way (reasons why I now love bowling at the new sky center down here). Tell you what, I'll eat mozzarella sticks, you get holes in one and we'll have a grand old time!

paul.crissman said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.