Tuesday, June 15, 2010

putt putt part two

So the night at mini golf was seriously one of the most fun things I've done in a while.  Maybe I don't get out much (true true) but that particular group of friends on that particular night was just a blast!  

One of the best parts was sharing the evening with our dear friends Andy and Erin Ashley who move to America at the end of this week.   Words cannot express how deeply we will miss their friendship.  In honor of (one of our last) nights together, I picked out a few of my favorite pictures from the evening.  

Andy won the first course, and was crowned "king of mini golf" (don't miss the crown on his head). 


Then Matt pulled out a win on the second course so Andy crowned Matt (a la Miss America).  



Neither EA or I won the crown, or any of the other prizes from that night, but like most anything we do together, we had a ton of fun.  


Today as I write they are packing up their apartment.  One moving truck has already come and gone.  I've already seen their children for the last time.  It's hard to believe our years together out here in our little suburb community are coming to an end. 

There have been moments of intense joy, and moments of intense pain.  And no one we would have rather journeyed with than these sweet friends.  Orlando Florida will soon be home to one amazing family.  I envy their future friends.  And plan on continuing to count myself as one of that circle, no matter how many thousands of miles separate us.  

5 comments:

Jaci said...

so, so special. praying God provides another such family to walk through life with in your next location. it is hard to say "good-bye", praying as you process this as well...love you friend

Julie Redfern said...

Friends leaving is never fun. I know too often about having to leave friends. Can't wait to see you guys! LOve Julie

Mom/Grandmama said...

What a wonderful tribute to your special friendship wtih EA and Andy! We love them too! Mom

The Huffmans said...

Thanks friend. Thanks so much. What a fun night that was. That was definitely a crowning moment in our friendship!!! (As well as the conversation in the rain the other day) Thanks for loving us so well.

The Huffmans said...

I was expecting to see the picture of me trying to get my ball out from under the bridge. I stink at Putt Putt but that was really fun!!!!!!