Friday, July 3, 2009

water woes

It would probably not be difficult to fill an entire blog simply chronicling the many woes of living in poorly constructed housing. Poor quality construction is just the way things work around here.... recently Matt and I were driving on an almost brand-new road and it already had potholes!

Our home has also been a source of much frustration. It's not just this apartment, it's basically every apartment. Erin Ashley recently called a plumber to her house for three (or maybe four - I forget) different problems in less than 24 hours! 3 different plumbing problems in 24 hours!

So, I can't blame our home. In fact, I love our home. I could spend years in this apartment - the floor plan, the kitchen, the everything.... I tell Matt all the time, "I just love this apartment" (even though I do wish it wasn't on the 4th floor!).

Anyways, yesterday morning the apartment management company fix-it man showed up at our door. Residents in the third floor apartment were complaining that water was dripping from their ceiling. Maybe it was coming from our apartment? Well, turns out it is.

See the bottom six inches of this wall.... look closely..... that's water stains. Water coming from INSIDE the wall.



So by the end of the day yesterday the conclusion was: We've gotta get to the water leak source. It's probably somewhere inside your wall - a pipe that is busted or something. We'll be back in the morning.

Oh joy. Joy upon joy.

At 10 am this morning the source of the leak is still MIA. More water has been found. My kitchen/dining room is a wreck, covered in bits and pieces of busted up tile. The workers have been hacking at the floor with a hammer and chisel. You'd be surprised how far the little pieces of tile fly!




The hole they are digging is filling with water. Nice.

Little Isaac managed to take a pretty decent morning nap, sleeping to the sweet lullaby of "hammer upon tile floor". I can't believe he slept at all.

More later -

2 comments:

Krisanne said...

NO fun! I think houses here are made in a similar fashion... I am so sorry - that sounds like a very big, not fun, mess. I pray they find the water leak source soon and you can get your apartment back to normal!

Brent, Sara, Hannah and Sam said...

No fun Laura! Will pray the same as Krisanne - maybe it won't be raining and you all can get outside a bit -that is if you leave the repair men in your home alone I guess . . .