Thursday, July 9, 2009

it's been one of those....

Well, I know the saying goes, "it's been one of those days", but unfortunately, for me, a better option is "it's been one of those weeks".

For starters, today is the one week mark from the beginning of the whole "a pipe inside your kitchen wall is leaking" mishap. I am realizing that I had my expectations a bit too high with the whole wall/floor repair thing. This is Asia. Things take forever. I KNOW that. But I forgot it.

Sure, the leak is fixed. But it will be a while til the kitchen is back to normal. This reality is slowly sinking in. I am hopeful that the kitchen cabinet will be re-installed on Saturday afternoon, which is great news - right now the kitchen cabinet is sitting by the windows in our dining area, which means the stuff that used to be by the windows (including our dish cabinet) is spread throughout the rest of our apartment. I can't wait to get the cabinet replaced, and the furniture back to it's previous resting place. As to when the walls and floors will be repaired, well..... it might be a tad bit longer (like maybe a few more weeks).

Yesterday morning my cell phone officially "broke". It's been acting up for the past few months, but I think the voice receiver died it's final death - I can send and receive messages, but can't have a phone conversation.

Yesterday afternoon I tried to start the dryer only to realize that the drum would not turn. The trusty dryer repair man arrived this morning (I'm starting to think I should send this guy a birthday card, he's a big fixture in my life!). He quickly fixed the belt and the drum was turning again in no time. I started a load of laundry - 45 minutes later I returned to find the bathroom floor flooded with water. ARGH. This is, unfortunately, not too uncommon, but I really thought we had the problem fixed. I (hopefully) fixed the washer hose, mopped up the floor, and put in another load - we'll see what happens this time around.

Oh, and my computer has a nasty virus (don't worry - you can't get it from reading my blog!) that is befuddling computer experts. Matt and a tech guy have been emailing trying to get rid of it (his computer is infected too), and it's proven to be quite resilient - the two of them have been working on it for over a week, and it's still alive and thriving. It temporarily killed my email yesterday. ARGH.

I know that this is exactly God's good plan for me and my family right now. He knew this week would happen. It was part of his exact plan. And it is for my good and His glory. The challenge is clinging to that truth in the midst of "one of those weeks"!

2 comments:

Paul said...

my goodness, these are the times, at least you have electricity ? ?

love and praying for you guys
Dad

Julie Redfern said...

Don't jinx her uncle paul!! Sorry about the week. Hopefully the next one will be better. I like to remember that God only gives you what you can handle so he must really think you are pretty good at handling a little craziness! love You, Julie