Tuesday, July 7, 2009

Lydia in the middle

First things first, for all of you who are wondering when our apartment will return to "normal" and we will no longer have holes in our walls or floors: There is NO update.

Yep, you got it. We are still waiting for the workers to come and give the leak repair their official approval. I can look at it and tell you that it's not leaking. But who cares what I think? They've gotta see it for themselves. We can't start the process of repairing and restoring til the apartment management folks see it with their own eyeballs :)

So, anyways. Enough of that.

A few weeks after Isaac was born I went through this stage of feeling really sad for Lydia. The child in the middle. No longer my baby, but not nearly old enough to do all the things her big sister could do. I watched her vacillate between wanting to crawl into my lap (which was often occupied by her new little brother) or wanting to run and jump and play just like her big sister (which usually meant she ended up crying in frustration because she couldn't keep up).

Almost 4 months have passed since Isaac's arrival, and I no longer feel sad for Lydia :) She's got a great spot in the family!

She's loved and adored and delighted in by her big sister Julianna......


and she's finally managed to gain enough of Isaac's confidence that she can hold and cuddle him without him bursting into tears.


[Sure, that's probably a bit of fear in Isaac's big eyes, but at least he isn't crying!]

Yeah, Lydia is doing A-ok with her spot in the middle :)

5 comments:

kkvernen said...

She looks pretty content in both spots. What a precious sweet girl!

Paul said...

Beautiful beautiful girl (and post)
thank you -- that's my Granddaughter

love
GrandDad

Julie Redfern said...

I am glad she is doing well in her role as middle child. Sweet sweet pictures. Love Julie

Mom/Grandmama said...

Mom had a lot to do with Lydia's successful transition - you do a fantastic job making each child feel really special. They are blessed with a wonderful mother! (and father too, Matt!)

Vimal and Tabatha Patel said...

I loved reading this post b/c I have felt this Anna (in the middle also)and it is true - she turns 2 in just 4 weeks (Rebekah will be 5 1/2 months then) and I can see us turning the corner. God put Lydia and Anna in the perfect spots!