Thursday, July 23, 2009

the reading sandwich

This is what it looks like when both girls want to read to Isaac at the same time :)

He is thoroughly entertained by most of their antics, including this reading-sandwich. It does not bother him in the least that he is simultaneously hearing two different books :)


Notice how Julianna is carefully using her finger to point to the words as she "reads" - this technique is a surprisingly effective means of "reading" almost any book that she has memorized!

3 comments:

Paul said...

I think I memorized "Donkey Donkey" too. Reading it years ago.

love
GradnDad

Anonymous said...

Love the reading sandwich!! Too cute. Caroline hates it when I point to the words as she would rather me not get in the way of all the pictures. So go Julianna! Love Julie

Mom/Grandmama said...

What a wonderful family photo of your beautiful children - my beautiful grandchildren! I love the reading sandwich. Isaac is on the receiving end of lots of love - he's a very lucky little boy!