Saturday, May 2, 2009

our top ten toys

I've been thinking about which toys my girls love the most. The ones that get played with almost every day. The ones that they sometimes fight over, sometimes share, frequently ask for, and head for first when we return home. And I came up with the list below.

I took all these photos today - just kept the camera handy and snapped photos from the moment they got out of bed until they changed into their pajamas a few minutes ago.

So, here's our list of "top ten toys" -

10. Plastic stools. "Where is my stool"..... I must hear this question at least ten times a day - from each of them! This morning they used the stools as launching pads for leaps onto the couch. I missed that photo, but got this one later.


9. Clothes pins and clothes hangers. (are they really toys?) I look forward to the day they really 'help' in this task, but in the meantime, they sure do love to play with the clothes pins and extra hangers.


8. The boat (aka the plastic tub I use as a laundry bin) - hardly a day passes that one or both girls don't get in this 'boat' and sail off into the wild blue yonder.


7. The stroller. Fighting over who gets to push this stroller is a hobby for the girls :)


6. The baby doll. We have lots, but this particular one is the favorite.


5. Music. This CD player is a thrill a minute - we listen to LOTS of music.



4. Water. I guess it isn't technically a toy, but bath water, sink water, mud puddle water... any type of water is sure to provide plenty of entertainment.


3. Books. They read alone and they beg to be read to, these girls LOVE books.


2. Chewing Gum. The girls love gum, and Lydia swallows hers only half the time :)


1. And the #1 favorite toy at our house? ISAAC! The girls get so excited when he is awake and ready to "play" with them. As you can see from the smile on his face, his #1 toy choice is definitely his two big sisters!

4 comments:

Paul said...

I have granddaughters don't I ! !

what a great post Laura, thanks

love
Dad/GrandDad

Mom/Grandmama said...

They are great photos, Laura. And I can attest to each top favorite toy! Grandmama's favorites? Julianna, Lydia and Isaac!!

Ashlei said...

That smile is sweet. I can't believe how much Lydia's hair has grown.

JBC said...

There really is something fun about clipping those clothes pins huh? Do you have the Jack Johnson soundtrack from the Curious George movie? It's really light and quite nice. My pre-schoolers loved it and I did too because it wasn't the usual sing-along fare on repeat.