Friday, May 22, 2009

it's study time

I know, I know. I haven't posted in a few days. And it's not cause I don't have plenty of material - it's because I am studying for the driver's license test. WHY???? Well, sometimes I'm not sure myself. I mean, seriously, every time I picture myself driving my stomach churns. Traffic here is.... well, different than traffic in the US. So I'm not sure I'd really want to drive anywhere.

But friends are loaning us their vehicle (more about that later) for the summer while they are home. And Matt is getting his license so he can drive it. So if he's going through all the trouble of studying and taking the test, they I figured I might as well do it with him.

Side note about the test: It's not easy. I have a 170 ish page booklet of all the test questions. And some of them are pretty tricky. It's in English (but the translation isn't that great, which adds another layer of confusion) and some of the stuff covered on the test is pretty complex. So I am spending my free time (which isn't that abundant anyways) cramming for this test - we take it Monday morning.

So, no blogging. Sorry :) I'll be back soon.

Actually, this morning I am going to a little performance at Julianna's school, and if I get a little studying in during naps, maybe I'll post some pictures this evening.

3 comments:

Krisanne said...

Oh - I totally understand your nerves about driving in Asia! We're trying to decide if we should get international driver's licenses before we leave, and part of me doesn't want to simply because that would make the step towards me actually driving in Indo. that much closer... But, I pray the test goes well for you, and that if you drive, it's a good experience!!!

Mom said...

Well, I don't know if good luck is the right sentiment. Nice to have a loaner car for the summer but having a driver (why not ask Chi ShuShu to drive?)sounds like the better plan to me!

Paul said...

are we talking a "typical car" or a TYPCIAL car, or what might in some places pass for a car?

your Dad here

love Dad/GrandDad

cannot help myself (progbably never will)