Thursday, March 19, 2009

the journey home, part 1

Well, we left the hospital on Tuesday afternoon for part 1 of our journey home. We'll complete the journey (probably next weekend) when we head back to our home city!

It was good to get home, although I had a few moments that first evening when I secretly thought, "maybe I should just go back to the hospital, life here is too crazy!" That evening at dinner we sang Happy Birthday Baby Isaac and ate cupcakes. Isaac was barely 36 hours old and slept through the celebration in my arms!

We are doing well - Matt and I are sleeping in shifts at night and Isaac is eating and sleeping and crying and doing his little baby thing. Friends are helping out with meals and the house helper is trying to keep the sink mostly clear of dirty dishes and the laundry under control. I really feel pretty good, just a little bit tired (ha! maybe more like exhausted!)

So, here are a few more photos to enjoy!

Just a few minutes old

Julianna's first chance to hold the new baby - she anticipated this moment for weeks!


This is definitely one of my favorite photos from the girls' visit


He was pretty content getting ready to leave the hospital


Leaving the hospital.....


Arriving at home...

Lydia is starting to satisfy some of her baby holding desires with her baby dolls, which is a helpful compromise for everyone involved!

What a sweet big sister!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

So sweet, those sisters! Thanks for the photos! Love you!

Anonymous said...

Sweet photos! Lydia looks like she is developing the sassy side of her personality! Welcome Home!
love, Susan
ps-I helped in developing Caroline's sas - so it's not a bad thing!

Brent, Sara, Hannah and Sam said...

Love the pics!! Glad the 1st transition went well - I am sure you are looking forward to being home. Love to you all!

Krisanne said...

I love all the great pictures - they are all so sweet! The girls look like wonderful big sisters:)

Love you all!

Jaci said...

So SOOOOOO SO sweet!! Isaac Luther is so handsome and I am so glad that he has arrived! Love you friend! Wish I could come with Jan to see you all. CONGRATULATIONS!!!