Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Bei Bei

Check out this photo of Isaac and his buddy, Bei Bei the tiger.



First of all, you need to know that I did not pose this photo! It totally looks like I did, but I promise I didn't. One day I went in to check on Isaac and this is what I saw. So I snapped a photo.

Our girls both have stuffed animal buddies that sleep with them each night. Julianna's is a panda named Jing Jing and Lydia's is a pink bunny rabbit called Carolina. Now Isaac has Bei Bei, his tiger. [The names are reflective of the places where each of the children were born.]

The girls were thrilled to meet Bei Bei - they each understand how important these little animals are! We travel a lot. Life is (too) full of transition, at times. But these little animals are like magic. I think we could plop down in the middle of the Sahara desert, pitch a tent, pull out these animals and the girls would curl up and fall asleep.

So when Bei Bei arrived with Grandma, the girls knew just what to do. Dump him in Isaac's bed! And somehow one nap he managed to sleep with his face cuddled up next to Bei Bei.

Who knows if Isaac will develop an attachment to Bei Bei like the girls have developed with their animals? But I hope he does. And I can't wait to show him the photo posted above!

Julianna will specifically ask to look at this photo of herself and Jing Jing:

And this is the first picture I could find of Lydia with Carolina ....

Well, Isaac is still sleeping, but I can hear the girls starting to wake. My glorious "three simultaneous nap-takers" time is coming to a close! Gotta run...

3 comments:

Mom/Grandmama said...

Love the tiger and the name! Isaac looks so angelic! What a blessing for each to have they own special animal to love and cuddle. Did Jan remember to bring two? Love you all!

Anonymous said...

this I think they got from their Mom, as I know who took what to college.-- and by the way was just as beautiful ! !

love Dad/GrandDad

Anonymous said...

I don't go anywhere with out Caroline and Will's "lovies". Caroline has had her lamby and will his puppup since they were born too. And they are magic! I still have a stuffed dog from when I was a kid that is in my room still. I am impressed that you had them all sleeping at the same time. I hope you slept too. Love Julie