Saturday, March 21, 2009

5 days old

We are definitely staying busy, enjoying our newest addition, laughing with the girls, and sleeping when we can! It's a FULL time in our lives, that's for sure.

Isaac is doing great. This morning was his "5 day birthday". He celebrated with a nice, long 3 hour stretch of sleep. I woke to hear him making little baby grunting noises at 6:30 and felt SO RESTED after that nice 3 hour chunk of rest. Good rest is relative, you know? It was a good start to the day, that's for sure.

I am beginning to look ahead to our journey back to our home city. After 4 weeks here, we are eager to get home! Julianna loves to talk about the people she will see and the things she will do when we get there. But we've got one more big event on the horizon before that airplane trip home: Grandma is coming! Matt's mom arrives Tuesday afternoon and we can't wait :) She will be the first of our extended family to meet little Isaac.

So, that's the random assortment of news from the homefront here. More photos in the next post :)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am so glad to hear that everything is going well so far. I know you will be super glad to have Matt's mom there to help out. I wish I was one of the family coming to help out. One day I will come for a visit. I promise! Love Julie

Anonymous said...

Laura! Not to state the obvious but you got three kids!!! You can tell the little one his Tio was in the wilderness when he was born! I am glad to be back and have internet!!! keep the photos coming love to the family - S&JC