Thursday, December 31, 2015

what she made

Lydia took one look at her new (shared with big sister) sewing machine and was ready to get started, but she's definitely a different personality than big sis!  When Julianna started sewing she took one look at the machine, picked a fabric, put the foot pedal down and started sewing.   Julianna's gonna learn by trying it out and making mistakes and honestly, she isn't too interested in your tips.  [of course my tips aren't worth much since I don't know how to sew, but still....]

Lydia.  different sister, different ball game.  I googled 'simple sewing projects' and we browsed a few.  She picked a lined tote bag.  We watched the video tutorial together, stopping after each step for her to do the work.  I helped just the tiniest bits (with the iron, and clarifying a few terms).  We re-watched a few sections of the video and simplified the pocket.

But hello, look what this girl did on her first sewing project!


We just might convince Julianna to join us the next time we watch a video tutorial.  Might.



She's a proud seamstress.  And I'm glad to have two littles in my house that are learning to sew.  Actually, I'm kinda thinking about maybe trying a little sewing myself.


3 comments:

Grandmama said...

That's an incredible first sewing project! Way to go, Lydia!

Anonymous said...

Wow! That's an impressive 1st project! Congratulations, Lydia!
robin

Julie Redfern said...

Impressive!! Nice job Lydia!