Monday, December 7, 2015

this weekend, in four pictures

Saturday was slow, long, lazy.  I did skip out for a little Christmas gathering early afternoon, but other than that we were mostly at home.  It was perfect, and exactly what we needed.  Julianna traveled this week with Matt and they didn't get in til super late Friday night.  This was Julianna's second trip and little sister is anxious to get her turn :)

Our babysitter Aubrey Claire arrived at 5:30 and we walked to the subway.  Winter dates see us on the subway more than usual - traffic is a beast, pedal biking is cold, and our electric bike (also very very chilly!) is on the fritz.  At six years old it's practically an antique and we've parked it for the winter.  Might try to get it running again next spring, we shall see.



Sunday afternoon walking to lunch.  These three are as tight as ever, and I love watching them grow up together.


Sunday afternoon we did a little kid switching and ended up with this little honey (and her big brother).  We colored and cut and scotch-taped at the kitchen counter, and then moved on to much messier pursuits.  Together they "helped" me make a pumpkin pie and no bake cookies.  After that, I sent everyone outside til dinner :)


And my other project that came together in bits and pieces this past weekend.  Thursday bought the wood and paint, Friday night painted the first coat.  Saturday morning I decided the paint needed to be a deeper green so stopped by the local home depot-type place to re-color the paint and buy some drawer pulls.  Matt drilled, I re-painted Saturday afternoon and Luke helped me screw the hooks in on Sunday.


It's not final yet.  I have a friend who is (hopefully) going to help me paint some script on the top section of the board.  But for this Christmas season, we'll call it done-for-now.

and I officially have somewhere to hang my stockings!

It's another big week here and Matt's last trip til January 1st!  Can't believe we are getting so close to Christmas!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I like your stocking holder! Nice work. ~Julie

Mom said...

Nice work on the stocking hanger. Where there is a will, there is a way!

Susan said...

Stocking holder looks great! Good job!!