Thursday, March 15, 2012

two more weeks :)

Two weeks from my due date :)  oh wow are we eager to meet this little one!  With no history of early arrivals (Isaac at 5 days pre-due date was my earliest, both girls were late - 2 days and 5 days) I'm  anxious for baby to arrive but also aware that we're probably a good ten days out.   Of course, if this little one decides to show up early that would be just fine in my book... have you ever met a pregnant lady in the last weeks who wasn't dreaming of 'any day now.....'??!!??

For the most part we're still doing good - baby seems happy and content, Momma is mostly happy and mostly content :)  The other kids are READY!! I think they feel like they've been waiting forever :) 

I am definitely not my normal high-capacity self 24/7 though.  Last night Matt walked in at 5:30 and I was sitting on the floor playing with the kids. 

I looked up and said "ummm, there's a small problem with dinner."
"What?" asked Matt.
"I didn't make it" responded round-pregnant-belly-toting me :) 

The problem was not that I didn't plan it (nope, it was right there on the weekly planner sheet on my fridge - spicy chicken chili and dinner rolls), problem was that I just didn't make it!  I had napped while the kids rested, skyped away a chunk of the afternoon, got outside to enjoy the slowly warming temps and at 5:30 dinner was MIA.  (Matt usually walks in about that time, and I am usually already in the kitchen working towards a 6pm meal.) 

We went out to eat.  On the way home Matt said "We should do this lots - you don't need to be cooking every night" (Luckily eating out here is cheap and cheaper as long as you stick to local cuisine, which is not difficult since we don't live close to any western restaurants.)

And thanks to a WONDERFUL "fill the pantry/freezer" shower some dear friends hosted for me on Monday night we are well-stocked for food post-baby-arrival!  My deep freezer can hardly squeeze shut!  [More on the shower later when I get pics.... such a fun fun night for me!]

Double bonus is that Jan and Luther (my mother and father-in-law) arrive on April 12th and I know the extra hands and love and attention and cuddles will smooth our transition and make home-cooked meals a reality again! 

In the waiting we've got one REALLY BIG DAY coming up tomorrow - Isaac's 3rd birthday :)  Such a delight to celebrate him - for him and with him! 

4 comments:

Grandma Jan said...

I am so excited for baby to come too, especially since Grandpa Luther and I know what the sex is, and Matt and Laura have decided to be surprised. Oh am I busting almost and been so nervous I might spill the beans. So, so excited for you two and your whole family, and while I will ve soooo sadddd to leave Krisanne, I just feel the pain in my heart writing this,,, so much joy to look forward to too!
. Why we have to live thousands of miles apart will be something to talk to God about one day up in heaven, but I love my children's choices and am so proud of ALL,


and keep praying for strength to accept what Gods plans
are and not my own. Love to you all dear Laura and am
praying for lots of eating out, and a perfect last 2 weeks
of this pregnancy with a beautiful birth of our grandchild
# 9. Love, Jan

Susan said...

Your dinner problem made me laugh! I hate it when that happens! :) We hardly ever eat out and sometimes think we should do so more (to help with the sanity levels!). But it seems like you made great use of your time not being in the kitchen, you should definitely do more of that these last 2 weeks!

Julie said...

I so laughed at the dinner dilemma too! We try to eat out once a week but it is a challenge with 3 and an allergy to contend with. It is just easier to cook. BUt when I was pregnant we ate out more and I agree you should too!! Hoping is goes by fast.
Love you

Mom said...

Wonderful that your friends have filled your freezer for the weeks to come and Grandma Jan coming too - hope you get lots of "off duty" time in those first few weeks after birth of Baby #5! Love you so much!