Sunday, October 23, 2011

buddies on the walk home

These past few weeks I've been walking to pick the girls up from school.  There were some wonderful months when I always rode the electric bike, but the kids have just gotten tooooooo heavy for me to feel like I can handle all three of them plus the bike safely!  I must have well over 100 pounds of child, plus the bike isn't lightweight, and I'm not tall (so my leverage is limited) and it's just gotten to be too much for this Momma. 

In the middle of summer when noon temperatures were blazing hot and I was newly pregnant and constantly felt yucky, I resorted to driving.  But it seems silly to drive it -  so now that temperatures are cooler, and I'm feeling better, we're walking.  It's a brisk 20 or 25 minute walk to school (with Isaac in the stroller). 


And a not-quite-as-brisk 45 minute walk home with all three :) 


The other day Dad walked with us (and took these photos). 

There is one particularly yucky intersection and I like to chant "no talking just walking" as I hurry my precious ones across the roadway!  Other than that, it's a delightful way to spend a long hour in the middle of the day.  We'll definitely be enjoying this activity as long as the temperatures hold out! 

4 comments:

Leslie said...

That sounds delightful. What a wonderful way to hear the stories of the day from the girls without distractions. I hope the weather stays good for many more weeks.

Grandma Jan said...

Precious time together. Love the pictures, Laura and Matt. Love Grandma Jan

Mom/Grandmama said...

I hope the cool fall weather holds out for a long time - what a wonderful way to come home from school. Wind down/share time. Love to you all!!

Anonymous said...

Precious, precious view of the cherubs. Love your blogs BN