Saturday, September 30, 2017

weekday days

What exactly do I do when the kids are at school?  Well, honestly, I'm still figuring it all out.  I run.  I walk.  I do tons of stuff that gives me an excuse to be outside.  I read.  I try to get dinner totally prepared before I leave to get the kids.

There's the constant laundry and cleaning and shopping and cooking but honestly, all these tasks are simpler and quicker in America so it doesn't feel like too much (though I do miss having my helpers around to pick up some of the tasks... of course, the flip side is without them around the house stays much cleaner!)

I have some big and little projects I've been working on too - things that I really really WANT to get done but never seem to make it to the top of my priority list.  I've got 9 years worth of books I've created from my blog and I finally got the 2016 book finished and printed. 


John Paul opened it to the first page and - lucky guy - with a New Year's Day birthday he's front and center on page 1.  Now I've pulled out all the other years and there is much flipping of pages and it's so fun to see everyone enjoying these.  Each book is 200ish pages and a huge undertaking but I'm committed, and now with 2016 behind me I'll turn to getting this year under control.  



I love love love views like this.  (taken on my old phone through the front windshield and it's still just gorgeous)


And we continue to watch a lot of soccer :).  It's really been a fun treat for all of us.  Luke scored twice this morning .... once during a throw in from the opposing team when the ball bounced off Luke and into the goal.  5 year old soccer is pretty awesome.  The other goal was a bit more legit and he brought the ball downfield and took a shot on goal.  He was pretty proud. 

Isaac too plays for a great team and they've only lost once (with maybe 7 or 8 wins).  His team is super fun to watch, and I know a lot of the parents and siblings on the sidelines.  

John Paul?  Well his team is pretty spectacularly terrible.  They loose, catastrophically, every single game.  Matt says John Paul is perfecting his lament.  His spirits are remarkably high considering, and he's definitely the least competitive of the boys around here, so it's nice that we aren't dealing with emotional fall out from a loosing season.  


And the girls?  Well they are good sports about the whole thing.  At least most of the time.  Julianna and Lydia are loyal in attendance, if not attention.  And pretty soon they'll have their own fun - they start swim team this Monday.  

3 comments:

Mom said...

Would love to look through your blog books when we're there.

Julie Redfern said...

My kids love looking through the blog books too!! It's amazing how fast (and slow) the days go when the kids are in school.

Paul said...

congratulations on making those books!
love
Dad