Thursday, September 21, 2017

blue skies on a Wednesday

So yesterday was just gorgeous.  My weekly walking date with a friend got cancelled and while I enjoy waking with friends, I like walking by myself too :) Ahhhh, so quiet, so beautiful, so much time to myself.


And there is no homework on Wednesday so I picked up the kids and drove straight to a park because it was the kind of afternoon where no one wants to be inside.


Swings!  These are a rarity in Asia and Luke learned how to pump our first week in America and now he is a steady swinger!


And then? AWANA!  My kiddos have been looking forward to this for three years :) We've got two in Sparks, two in T&T and one in youth group!


Lydia and Isaac both worked hard to pass their Start Zones and earn their t-shirts (Lydia needed 9 verses, and she did them all in one week!).  John Paul and Luke earned their vests the first week because they only needed one verse and it was one they already knew.... they are so proud to wear them and maybe next week I'll get their picture.

Matt helps with older elementary boys and I teach in the Puggles class so it's a big night for our family and lots of children to disciple.  Thankful for this program and these months to enjoy it!

Tomorrow Julianna comes home (!!!!) and then Saturday it's soccer games in the morning and a UND football game in the afternoon.

2 comments:

Mom said...

As much as your family works on verses, they should all be standouts in AWANA! Hope that beautiful weather stays around until we come to visit!

Julie Redfern said...

So awesome!