Sunday, October 4, 2015

the weekend

Friday: blue skies, mild temps, sunshine everywhere!  We walked down to the river and the boys were entranced by this man and his dog.  My Granddaddy had a dog like this, the most amazing frisbee-catching dog you ever saw!  This dog wasn't nearly as good as Muggs, but it was still fun to watch him catch the frisbee.  [the pic is perfectly mis-timed so it's hard to see pink frisbee flying past John Paul's orange helmet!]


Saturday morning I had a couple of extra boys in the house :)  the big kids were at soccer practice and these little guys kept me entertained.


That afternoon I went for a run (trying to keep up a little bit and run every Saturday.... my goal is to be in good enough running shape that I can always crank out a 5k, so I'm hoping running once a week will keep me there.  Maybe one day I'll have the time again to train for something longer, but for now I'l call this good.)

The kids were all playing outside and Matt had organized a little soccer game action on the basketball courts, so I walked up to the market and picked out a veggie to go with dinner.  I'm so thankful for this market, just a block from our house!


The kids and some neighborhood friends ... big school holiday here so the older kids (like elementary age) tend to multiply!  Usually they are so busy with their studies that we rarely see them outdoors, but these past few days have been different.  


Matt is taking the kids a few hours out of town tomorrow for a hike.  The camping plans got shelved when we couldn't find a suitable location - I wish that wasn't the case, but there is just so little free green space.... camping is challenging.  argh.  This hiking spot might turn out to be camping potential though, so Matt and two buddies are loading up the kids and heading out!  After much swaying this way and that I decided to stay home.  I'll miss out on a good chance to get out of the city, but the day at home alone was just too tempting.

3 comments:

Paul said...

when I saw that dog I thought immediately of Muggs, and you are right, no one, dog, human, or idea could catch a frisbee like Muggs. Or stick, or tomato, or even make an effort at the airplane flying by. That dog looked almost exactly like her. Did she have one bright blue, one deep black eye too?

looks like a good weekend for all
love
Dad/Granddaddy

Grandmama said...

From your photo angle looks like that pink frisbee thrown by Luke whizzed close by JP's helmet - glad there was no collision! Love to you all!

Grandma Jan said...

Love the post and love all the pictures. Thanks Laura.