Monday, October 12, 2015

our day (five pictures)

We had several sweet guests in our home this weekend and I loved it (of course!  I love a house full of kids - 8 for breakfast on Sunday!)

But, found out this morning that one of our guests is in a classroom with head lice outbreak and I'm going the extra mile to try to keep us off the victims list.  Combed through the girls hair, twice.  Washing all the bedding from two bedrooms (we had five little girls here one night... in the girls room and the guest room) and I'll be doing more combing and more laundry tomorrow (the washer and dryer are still running now, at 9pm- argh!)


And our upstairs neighbors are renovating and preparing to move in which means lots of concrete drills.  If you have never heard this noise then I simply cannot explain it.  I can't think of anything to compare it to.  Our home is essentially unlivable (tricky, since we homeschool, and I'm trying to run a zillion loads of laundry).  The girls retreated outdoors with camp chairs to do some reading (and we axed most of our school).  [thank you Jesus it was a gorgeous day - perfect for outdoor reading, and the boys and I avoided home all afternoon while the big kids were at Chinese school and I'm hoping tomorrow will be better!]


The workers upstairs have to abide by the apartment complex 'noise free' hours - they can't start before 8 am, must be finished by 6pm, and must take a 2-hour break at noon.  We took advantage of the relative calm after lunch and made salt dough models of planet Mercury.  [Luke and JP participate by default, lucky little home school sibs!]


It's been a long day, buddy.  No rest for the weary around here.  Outside at 5pm, still avoiding our house :)


This girl has good ideas, huh?  Perfect way to end a day.


And we will start a new one tomorrow!

4 comments:

Paul said...

I can only imagine. When we visited Stephen and Jen, their downstairs neighbor was doing same, and that was terrible. We talked about how bad it must be for those on the floor below. And potential unwanted guests too. These are the times….
Thinking of and praying for youall.
love
Dad/Grandaddy

Mom said...

Thanks for sharing your daily trials and tribulations - makes you appreciate those days of relative peace!

Anonymous said...

I recall teaching during construction modes- somewhere between non productive and insanity, I agree!! This too shall pass.... And head lice, another school issue that is just as insane! oH My, dear ones

Grandma Jan said...

All I can think of to say is "Oofda". Praying for you guys. And remember the head lice issue with Krisanne. "Oofda". Love to you all.