Tuesday, June 17, 2014

should be working on my list

I know, I'm so far behind.  Overwhelmed too.

With any luck, this feeling will only last about two more weeks :)

I woke up grumpy, maybe because one of my early risers crashed-closed the bedroom door behind him, waking up the rest of the boys' room occupants and starting our day earlier than I was hoping.  I put early riser in bed with Matt, got Luke and snuggled into John Paul's bed... but there was no more rest for the weary.

Hello, 6:45am.  I'm so not glad to see you.

We {I?} tried to pull ourselves together.  Breakfast, and a jump start on my mega-list.

Only 19 million things to do before we leave.  That's a relief.

I was hanging up a phone call,  grumping my way back upstairs when Luke stopped me.

"My foot hurts."  Before I could intervene John Paul came running.  Ready to pass out kisses to the injured.  It didn't take long before they were spotting all sorts of scars and recalling old wounds.  Let the kisses roll....




I was perking up, because who doesn't when your 2 and 3 yr olds are dishing out kisses?  But there was more to do before lunch.  Errands.  Oh yeah.



God is so good to me.

A recipe for total disaster... grumpy tired kids plus grumpy tired momma plus big box storeS (yes, plural!) .... but while I was grumping my way through "I said get in your seat" and "Please don't yell at me, I'm right here" God was busy putting people in my path who would go out of their way to encourage me.


We practically couldn't walk past someone without them commenting about the kids.  "All yours? Aren't you blessed!"  "I love big families, it's so cool how they interact with one another."  And on and on and on.

I was beaming before we got home.  And we're all going to bed early tonight!

[hoping to get up some photos from the last few days - a big family gathering and picnic with old friends - but it might be a while.  gotta go work on that mega-list.]

2 comments:

Julie Redfern said...

I SO relate to the waking up grumpy thing! What is it about kids waking up before they should (or I think they should) that makes me so grumpy? Good luck on your massive list. One of these days our paths will cross and we'll get to see each other in person again!

Anonymous said...

Families truly are the best of times and yes can cause the worst of times-especially when the times r early in the morning! Gotta love them anyway LOL
So love u,family,
Bn