Monday, June 9, 2014

left (but headed back)

Matt and I are away from the beach for two days.

Why?  Good question.  Honestly, there are very few good reasons to leave the beach.  I'm not sure how Matt convinced me to do it.  But he did - we're in Raleigh, getting a few things done - and the kids are at the beach with my parents.

It's a bit like a date for us :)


We saw lots of fun people, and really got to catch up with several sets of old friends.  Great stuff.

And the kids at the beach?


Oh they're doing JUST FINE.  Really really fine :)  Ice cream cones on the deck fine.

One more day in the big city and we'll have a late night drive back to the beach house.  And as much as I miss a car full of little ones.... well, I'm glad that these two drives are kid-free.  We have an airplane ride or three on the horizon, so I best get my low-stress travel taken care of while I can!

1 comment:

Grandma Jan said...

Can't beat an ice cream cone on the deck in the hands of little Luke with the ocean for his background. Glad you are all having a good time. Love you all. Jan