Tuesday, June 3, 2014

picking a spot to settle

I slept in eight different beds in a ten night stretch.  Bed #8 was last night at the Wheel House - the same beach house I've visited since, well.... forever.  My parents actually came to this beach house together when they were dating!  

You could say we have a bit of history here :) 


After all my bouncing around the previous nights, I was ready to settle!  And I must say, we picked a great spot!



Matt dug a huge hole for the kids to enjoy.  (No plastic shovels allowed, this kind of whole calls for a man-sized garden shovel.)  Digging big holes in the sand is a favorite memory of mine, and it was all kinds of fun for these kiddos.

The hole is perfectly placed near the high tide line and survived one high already today, but I think we'll be reconstructing within a few days as the tide brought in lots of sand!  [Time for some more shoveling, Matt :)]


My dad brought out a kite and the wind did the rest!


And late afternoon we put this little pool out on the deck.  Quite the view these boys have (though they ignore the beauty and mostly bicker over who gets to play with the green bucket..... sigh).

Burgers on the grill (how's that for an audience? Matt could start a cooking show!)


and it was off to bed for the little troops.

So grateful this house is still in the family, and so grateful to introduce my family to the beauty of this place.  [Julianna the only one who's ever visited before... I was 37 weeks pregnant with baby Lydia the last time I was here!]

And now, almost seven years later, I finally brought that baby back.


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great pictures & post. Sounds like this relaxing beach trip is just what you all need - sun and sand and naps every afternoon!
Enjoy!
robin

Grandma Jan said...

Looks pretty wonderful to me. Love you all. Jan