Sunday, May 19, 2013

celebrating Mother's Day

We rescheduled our Mother's Day for this weekend.  And I'm so glad we did.

We started with breakfast in bed (and while the menu rarely changes the service keeps maturing.... but still lots of support from Matt in the kitchen!)

Church, a slow afternoon and then a picnic with the family.  Perfect. 

It's still hard for me to wrap my head around, that I get to be the mother to these FIVE.  What a gift. 











[Please be impressed that everyone is *mostly* looking towards the camera.]

And speaking of impressed, while it is (our) Mother's Day, it's hard to reflect on being a mother without recognizing this man right here.


Serves us well, even when it's hard.  I told him yesterday that he's like the anchor for our boat, things just feel a little drift-y when he's not around. 

Once again (third year running) he took video clip interviews of the kids and made an unbelievably precious Mothers Day video for me.  2011 there were three, 2012 there were four, 2013 and there are five little stars of my video.  Wow.

thank you Jesus

3 comments:

Grandma Jan said...

Precious, precious. Thx for the post. Happy Mother's Day, Laura.

Mom said...

Beautiful mother, beautiful family with a great dad! Your jewelry looks great with that dress! Love you!

Jaci said...

Awesome! And I second what your mom said!! :-)