Wednesday, April 24, 2013

to know they are brothers

Dad brought eight boxes of Honey Nut Cheerios, some hand-me-downs for Isaac (thanks Will and Julie!) and a new camera for me (I mean us..... although really me, since Matt doesn't spend his days with people nearly as photogenic as my companions!)

After lots of helpful input we purchased a Panasonic Lumix (micro four thirds system) - I had never heard of a micro four thirds camera before a couple of camera-savvy friends tipped me off.  If you're looking for something with almost every feature of a DSLR but prefer a smaller body, it might be a great option. 

Anyways, it's been out of the box for 12 hours.  And so far I've decided that a) I love it and b) I have a lot to learn. 

I attached the (kit) lens, inserted the battery, flicked the power button and took these.






Nothing special, but it's definitely an upgrade from a phone camera (which I've been using as my ONLY camera since Christmas!) 

And besides, I love their heads tucked together (catching ants, of course!).... these two boys aren't readily identifiable as brothers in looks alone, but here posture speaks louder than hair color, huh? 

And their big sister.  Who catches a lot of ants herself, and even has a (not pictured) "research station" where she examines her finds ...


Now that Dad is here I actually have capacity to think about reading the owners manual, figuring out ISO and fstops and the like.... and then when he leaves I'll probably put it back in auto mode for the next ten years.  Or not.  We'll see. 

Actually, I do have a list of a few projects I'd like to spend some time on over the next two weeks with Dad in town.  Normal days leave me little time for much more than the basics - but now Dad is here to take boys on walks and listen to little girls read and keep Luke out of trouble  ;)  Who knows what I'll get around to doing?!?!? 

3 comments:

Julie Redfern said...

So glad he is there to help! And the camera takes really great pictures!! Enjoy having him there. YOu are so welcome for the clothes!

Grandmama said...

Love those two brothers' heads together! Doesn't take blood shared to make a brother. Love you all!

Susan said...

Sweet pictures of those two brothers! Have fun getting things done!