Sunday, April 21, 2013

a fault line

We live near an active fault line.  And it's acting up..... quaking earth, that kind of thing.  But we are just fine, and praying for all those who live much closer to the damage and are still reeling from more catastrophic hurts.  [Though I will say that listening to dishes tinkling and doors rattling in door jams while thinking "what is that? a train? why is the house shaking? ack, earthquake, I'm sure that was an earthquake".... well, it's unsettling.]

Just this evening we again felt one of the larger aftershocks.  The pulls that hang from our ceiling fans start to swing back and forth a bit, that's how I know I'm not making it up, the earth really is rumbling.

The reality is that thousands, millions of people who have never heard the Gospel live near active fault lines.  So events like this... they don't make me want to move away.  They renew my commitment to stay.  Who, who is going to tell them of a God, a Hope, a Security who is rock solid - especially when the very rocks of the earth are crumbling? 

3 comments:

Jaci said...

Love you. Praying for your safety and praising God for your desire to make His name known.

Jaci said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Jaci said...

We read about a couple from our "Hero Tales" book today...and I also shared with my kids what you wrote about the earthquakes and the renewed passion it brings to be there. So you were our modern day example (and often are!) today at school. We love all love you and pray for your often!