Wednesday, March 23, 2011

what "goodbye daddy" looks like

Day three and so far things are going.... well, ok :)  

I am up early and loaded these photos of the kids saying goodbye to their daddy.  Lots of "up in the air", especially for Isaac.  I don't throw nearly as high or nearly as much, so he misses this ritual with his daddy.  (caught this shot on the way down, you would not believe how high he goes.... and he LOVES it!)


The girls do lots of "flips", and Isaac can do them too but much prefers to be tossed around :)


And then some sweet snuggles :) 


Yesterday morning I spent a good chunk of time at a local friend's home ... her little baby is sick and while what I know about pediatrics can fit on the head of a (very small) pin, I do have a nose bulb snot sucker thing-y, and I'm not afraid to use it :)

I was pretty excited cause I had plans to go in to town in the afternoon, see some foreign friends for play and dinner (our Sunday morning fellowship is having some issues and is temporarily canceled, so I have very few opportunities to see other foreigners right now).

Rushed from my friend's house off to school to get the girls and was met by Lydia's teacher.  Lydia had been throwing up.  Ugh.  So I canceled the afternoon plans, got everyone home, and got Lydia in bed.  The other two were pretty disappointed at our canceled plans, but I promised we'd try to reschedule.

So I think Lydia may have some sort of reaction to the Tuesday morning school breakfast, because she threw up last week on Tuesday (then I thought that was from congestion, she was battling a cold).  But this morning, again a Tuesday (they eat a menu that repeats each week), and the throw up pattern was identical.  Threw up the same amount of times, in the same pattern, and even at the same time (clock time).  And after the final heave she is one happy, hungry little girl. 

I quizzed the girls on their breakfast menu and think I may have narrowed down the culprit and plan to talk to her teacher when I take them back on Thursday. 

It was sooooo cold and rainy yesterday that we didn't dare to go outside, but the afternoon really passed quickly and before I knew it the kids were in bed.  So, all in all, what could have been pretty tough was just, well, ok tough :) 

I hear the girls stirring so I'm off! 

4 comments:

JBC said...

What a sweet picture! So sorry Lydia feels sick but definitely happy to hear it's not an icky virus that will end up with everyone sick!

Big kisses from Panama and sloppy kisses from the pup.

Paul said...

that is a good ( and quick ) diagnosis there for daughter number two. I think you under-represent you nursing skills, nose thingy use and vomit identifier all in one day. And I just thought I had something to do.
love from your Dad - impressed Dad too

Chris, Leah, Austin, Bennett and Lucy said...

So sorry for sickness and a missed chance for adult conversation while Matt is gone. Just found out he is here! Can I send something back with him? Any requests from here? Let me know!

Julie Redfern said...

That is a much happier goodbye than we have in our house. Every trip to drop someone off at the airport ends in tears!