Monday, March 21, 2011

two goodbyes

So this morning Matt headed to the airport and will be gone til midnight Friday.  And this evening the kids and I took Xiao Li to the airport and tearfully watched her walk through security without us. 

That, friends, is not my recipe for a fun day.

Our time with Xiao Li was such a blessing.  Such a blessing.  Xiao Li said her mom kept telling her that there was no way Isaac would remember her (we last saw her when he was 15 months old) but I think he made it perfectly clear that he knew exactly who she was :)



The girls too were loving the extra attention and snuggles.... which is the perfect start to a daddy-less week.  


I've got a few fun things planned to help break up the upcoming days without Matt.  And we are all eagerly anticipating a visit from Grandma, Auntie Krisanne and cousin Jonah (Grandma has been in Indo visiting Krisanne & Paul & Jonah and they are coming here for a short visit too!)  They arrive Friday night (a few hours before Matt) and I will be ready for some English speaking adults to hang out with :)  

I took some fun photos of the kids saying goodbye to Matt, and I keep wanting to post some photos of our yard now that we have some sandstone laid and generally spruced it up a bit.  I need to do both those during the day sometime, when the internet is running faster and I can upload more photos. But you can probably imagine i don't get a lot of computer time during the day - he he he - so we'll see! 

No comments: