Sunday, September 27, 2009

sibling photos

I love to watch our children play together.

The girls are practically inseparable when we are at home. There is plenty of fighting, but lots of fun too.

I don't usually take pictures of the fighting. But this post has me thinking that maybe I'll try to snap a few photos to document selfishness and the sour attitudes that it breeds. Ha. The girls sure would be surprised if I pulled out my camera the next time a big duel erupts, don't you think?



Julianna can be really patient with her sister and Lydia is sometimes willing to accept help from Julianna when she won't accept help from me.


In the past few weeks they have started to really enjoy including Isaac in the play times too. He seems a bit sturdier these days, and though I try to keep a close eye on everyone, I am more and more willing to let the three of them play together on their own.


Here they are all lined up for the beginning of a webcam session. Julianna is sitting half on one chair & half on the other to make room for Isaac (who is slumping over onto his big sister's shoulder)!


So fun!

4 comments:

Krisanne said...

What fun pictures and stories! And Lydia's hair - you can really see the curls in these pictures and I love them! Love to you all!

Mom/Grandmama said...

Thanks so much for all the photos - we love seeing the kids growing and thriving! Heading home to NC today. Love you all bunches!!

Anonymous said...

So sweet! I love the stories, photos and getting a glimpse of your lives in China. We miss and love you all!
Susan

Anonymous said...

Laura, I look so forward to your blog,and even though I don't always get to it daily, I love spending time with your little family and just "catching up"! I've said it before and I'll say it again . . .precious!!!!! You do such a nice job with your storytelling, too! Can't wait for you to be back on this side of the world next year for a while!
Love, Marie